Besides all streaming videos, you’ll also get single download links for downloading the entire video archive and the whole set of example and exercise repos.
Welcome! (intro and outline)
- A clean, readable and useful history
- When should I use merge?
- When should I use rebase?
Workflow first principles
Merging a branch, the smart way
- The merge command and its options
- Dang! I should have merged later, undo!
- The specific case of “persistent” branches
Grooming my history using rebase
- Understanding cherry-pick to better understand rebase
- The rebase command and its options
- Deep-dive into Interactive rebasing (rewording, dropping, splitting, squashing, reordering…)
- Practical use-cases for rebases
- Automatic stashing around a rebase
- ZOMG! I did an inverted rebase! Undo!
- Dang! My local branch got all flattened out.
The git pull trap
- Pull: a two-step dance
- Understanding the steps of a merge-mode pull
- Understanding the steps of a rebase-mode pull
- The tricky case of rebasing a local merge
Final boss: cleanup + merge exercise
And we’re done! 😭
- Want more video content?
- Further reading…